About me - Jeffery Yuan (2017)


This would be a short list that about I am good at and what I should improve.
- I will keep updating it, and hope when I retrospect after 1 year, I will realize that I have improved  and learned a lot of things.

Strength
Retrospect and Learning Logs
- I like to summarize what I have learned, and write them down

Sharing Knowledge

Problem Solving and troubleshooting
- I like to solve difficult problems as I can always learn something from it.
- I also summarize how(what steps) I take to solve the problems, what I learned that can make me solve problems quicker later.
- Search and find resource needed to solve the problem
- See more at my blog: Troubleshooting

Proactively find problems and fix them
- such as find problems in existing design and code, and think about how to improve them

Be honest
- to myself and colleague about what I know and what I don't
Be moderate
- I know there are still a lot of things that I should learn and improve.
- I like to learn from others

Proactively learning
- Have a safaribooksonline account
- Like to learn from book, and people
- When I use Cassandra, Kafka in our project, I took time to learn not only how to use it but more importantly its high level design.
- Read more at my log System Design
Programmer: Lifelong Learning

Weakness - things need improving
System design
Knowledge about distributed system
Public Speaking
Presentation
Visibility

Labels

adsense (5) Algorithm (69) Algorithm Series (35) Android (7) ANT (6) bat (8) Big Data (7) Blogger (14) Bugs (6) Cache (5) Chrome (19) Code Example (29) Code Quality (7) Coding Skills (5) Database (7) Debug (16) Design (5) Dev Tips (63) Eclipse (32) Git (5) Google (33) Guava (7) How to (9) Http Client (8) IDE (7) Interview (88) J2EE (13) J2SE (49) Java (186) JavaScript (27) JSON (7) Learning code (9) Lesson Learned (6) Linux (26) Lucene-Solr (112) Mac (10) Maven (8) Network (9) Nutch2 (18) Performance (9) PowerShell (11) Problem Solving (11) Programmer Skills (6) regex (5) Scala (6) Security (9) Soft Skills (38) Spring (22) System Design (11) Testing (7) Text Mining (14) Tips (17) Tools (24) Troubleshooting (29) UIMA (9) Web Development (19) Windows (21) xml (5)